I started my journey with Alex Campbell Transformation at the beginning of 2017…and it’s not over yet. But I did want to take a moment to just share my experience, learning & results.
As mentioned in a previous post, I was 101 kilograms in August 2016, desperate for change, and just not getting what I looking for through unsustainable eating plans, expensive crash diets, disheartening & very expensive cleanses, ineffective exercise programmes and just feeling beaten and incapable.
Everything changed when I started working with Alex and to date my biggest learnings have been:
- There is no such thing as good or bad food – foods simply vary in the amount of nutrients and calories they contain.
- I do NOT need to restrict certain foods or food groups – I can eat the food I love, in a healthy, sustainable way.
- I am not a failure or a loser because I couldn’t lose weight – I needed an eating plan that I could stick to which takes my preferences, goals and choices into account.
- My body is not my enemy – I am learning to love, understand & care for my body rather than punish it!
- Exercise must not be punishment – I work out with a set of fitness goals to achieve results that make me feel amazing!
- Lifting weights won’t make me look like a man – I am starting to love the body that I see in the mirror as it changes, tones and builds muscle.
- I could not do it alone – working with a coach and an accountability partner has been what was missing all along!
And as I have learned I have also been consistently moving in the direction I want to be moving in… Okay there have been some very frustrating plateaus and the feeling that I am stuck, but then I look at my charts and see that all in all over the last nine months I have made steady, consistent progress!
I have lost over 18 kilos since I started in January (I am currently 76.9 kilos), as well as 73cms (hips, waist & thigh), and I am getting stronger, leaner & healthier. Of course there are challenges, bad days, periods of self-doubt and feeling overwhelmed, but I am undoing entrenched behaviours and attitudes towards nutrition and fitness that have been in place most of my adult life… I am learning new behaviours and habits that are supportive of total health & wellness, not simply changes reflected on the scale or tape measure.
I am stronger, more confident and far more self-assured than I have been in many years, and I know that for the first time I have found an approach that works for me! I am learning to believe in myself again, and have changed my core beliefs about food, exercise and self-worth in a way that will support me in the long-run, rather than simply losing the weight (which I inevitably find again!).
And I could not have done it without Alex and his amazing style of coaching & training. A coach that values each and every client, and does not use a one-size-fits-all approach, but tailors programmes to fit individual needs, wants, goals and preferences. Thank you Alex…I am truly grateful.